Sunday, February 17, 2013

LB31 -Purple fan brush mani


Purple is one of those colors that tends to look good on anyone and it's always been one of my favorites (right behind blue of course).  Today's challenge is purple and I wanted to try a new technique.

For this mani I started with a base of Essie's She's Picture Perfect (seen in the bottle).  Then, I used my fan brush to dip into little pools of polish, wipe excess on a paper towel, and then swipe across my nails to make random stripes.  The polishes I used are listed below in the order I layered them on.

This turned out even better than I had hoped!  I think it looks almost like purple marble.  I can't wait to try it with other colors!

Base: Essie She's Picture Perfect
Layer 1: A England Avalon
Layer 2: Essie Splash of Grenadine
Layer 3: China Glaze Sweet Hook